
Just look at you sleeping, sleepyhead,
Just look at that trace of a smile,
A trace of a dream on the face of the one
Who makes all of my dreaming worthwhile.
Just look at you sleeping, sleepyhead,
Before you were born, I knew
That lonely was only a place where I stayed
While my heart was out hunting for you.
Just look at you sleeping, sleepyhead,
My heart hunts you down every day.
If scheming escape, then keep dreaming, my son,
For my heart will not let you away.
Just look at you sleeping, sleepyhead,
None better at math or PE.
Your pace I can’t match nor your grace, I’m afraid.
Oh, but that doesn’t matter to me.
Just look at you sleeping, sleepyhead,
My life you have turned into art.
Sleep tight, precious one, now, good night to my son,
To my Hunter, from the hunter, my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment