Wednesday, January 02, 2002

Joey

20-Saturday, July 26, 1986

I know he plays some kind of sport.
Although he didn’t say which sort…
I thought I heard your teachers say.
That hockey's often what you play.
My hearing's bad--they could have said
It's hooky that you play instead.
A showy budding hockey star?
So, Joey, is that what you are?
Is playing hockey what you do?
Or was it hooky? Wish I knew.
If hockey’s it, then my advice
Is be a terror on the ice.
Go try and knock some fellow flat.
(If hooky’s it, then none of that.)
If hockey’s it, then elbows high,
Go punch some fellow in the eye.
Go push and shove and hit a lot
(If hooky’s it, then better not).
If hockey’s it, go pick a fight,
And pass and shoot and play all night.
And knock some fellow through the glass.
(If hooky’s it, just try and pass).

No comments: