A few meditations on turning 25...
My son, you are halfway to fifty.
When they say the mind goes adrifty.
Though I'm sure that's hocus-pocus
I have never lost my focus
Which, I'm convinced, is because I
Oh, happy birthday...now, where was I?
The power of two-five
Jonny, here's a puzzle to do, for you.
Is your age 52?
Is that for how long you have been alive?
Or is it 25?
It's 52? good guess.
It's 52, oh yes.
Still, 25 would do
Less an all-powerful 5 and a 2.
Spelunking
Although Jonny likes spelunking
Here's a myth that needs debunking.
He'd like it understood once and for all.
A spelunker is a brave man
Don't refer to him as 'cave man'.
Spelunkers much prefer 'Neanderthal'.
A quarter century
You have reached a quarter century.
You're robust and still adventury.
Now I trust you will adjust
To the lifestyle more august
Of pope or plenipotentiary.
and here's an old poem from when you were closer to the start of the quarter century...
Once upon a timey-timey
Daddy wrote this rhymey-rhymey
For his little Teddy-Teddy
Who was going beddy-beddy
And his little Jonny-Jonny
Sleepy, stretching, yawny-yawny.
First a little huggy-huggy,
Tucked in bed all snuggy-snuggy.
Then a bedtime story-story
Til they're sleeping snorey-snorey.
Sleep until the dawny-dawny,
Teddy-Teddy, Jonny-Jonny.
Sleep until it's lighty-lighty.
Daddy loves you...nighty-nighty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment