Sunday, May 18, 2008

Danny Boy

Oh Amy girl, the bells, the bells, are calling,
Across the sand, the sun, the sea, the sky
And is that rain, or just a tear drop falling,
As back and forth I go from laugh to cry?

Oh Danny boy, I see her sweetly smile to you
I see you two there standing hand in hand.
I find my thoughts are going all the while to you.
A wedding tear…some day you’ll understand.

Oh Amy girl, the sun, the sand, the water
Walk down the aisle, you two have come so far.
I’ll cry as if you were my own daughter
Oh, Amy girl, oh, Amy girl, for now you are.


Two lives, two lives, my heart, my heart is holding,
My wedding blessings let me now bestow.
It’s you, it’s you, my heart, my heart enfolding,
Oh Danny boy, oh Amy girl, I love you so.

And when you’re old, some day to come back here again,
Walk on these sands, and think of long ago,
Just close your eyes, and we will be so near again,
Oh Danny boy, oh Amy girl, we love you so.

No comments: