Thursday, September 11, 2003

Danny, looking to May 4, 2032

There's nothing, I think, that is more deleterious
Than taking the process of aging too serious
So please do not think I'm becoming fanatical
By noting your birthday's a freak mathematical.

9-8-7-6, it's a sequence so curious
It leads to conclusions that can not be spurious.
9-8-7-6 has a logical extension--
i.e. 5-4-3-2--that deserves your attention.

I foresee something meaningful happening to you,
Twenty-nine years from now, on May 4, 2-0-3-2.
It's tricky, of course, making statements futuristic
It helps if you are by your nature optimistic.

I do not suggest some impending fatality
But rather a day to achieve immortality.
For perhaps (as for me) certain things spring eternal
And that day will fulfill long-held longings paternal.

Perhaps it's a portentous new testimonial
The day that you enter a state matrimonial.
So then, 9-8-7-6, happy birthday to you,
Just you keep an eye open when it's 5-4-3-2.

No comments: