Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Seven Dadly Sins (more sins needed)

Here's a partial poem...I need some sibling help coming up with three more Dadly sins...Any suggestions?

Seven Dadly Sins

Pope Gregory, you will admit,
Produced a useful medley:
Pride, envy, gluttony...to wit,
The sins considered deadly.

And yet the pontiff somehow missed
My father's thoughts on sinning.
Where he left off, my father's list
Was really just beginning.

The seventh sin, a minor vice,
Was running through his garden.
Yet no one ever did it twice
Or dared expect a pardon.

The sixth, and quite a deadly sin,
On par with noses runny,
Was toast crumbs in the margarine
Or even worse, the honey.

The fifth I didn't dare commit.
Although I dreamed and plotted,
My plate contained no olive pit
Beyond the three allotted.

The fourth--you could, with spring in bloom
Outside, be like Tom Sawyer,
But barefoot in the living room?
You'd better call a lawyer.

No comments: