'Twas the night before Christmas at myfamily.com
Not a soul had checked in yet, not even my Mom.
From Sandy, so faithful, there wasn't a word
And saintly young David had yet to be heard.
They all were apparently snug in their beds.
No computer was stirring--not Jonny's, not Ted's.
And I with my laptop, my faithful old Dell--
Had nothing--no story, no news for Noel.
...I was just signing off when my screen gave a beep
And I sprang to my chair with a bound and a leap
Away to my mouse, my hand flew in a flash
To see who was writing with so much panache.
The tale that I read was replete with such woe,
With school kids in trouble and carrying on so,
So much murder and mayhem bestirring our planet
I knew in a moment it had to be Janet.
Revolver and numchuk, brass knuckles and sword
And that's not the school kids--that's only her board!
...Okay, I'll admit that I've tweaked the above
It's been weeks since her message that I'm speaking of.
But the web site's too quiet--I need some new news
Some gossip, a tidbit, a joke I can use.
Just let me complain, ere I log off this site:
It's Christmas, you laggards, now sit down and write!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment